The mission of Student Support Services (SSS) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), is to provide necessary accommodations to assure all campus programs and services are accessible to enrolled students with disabilities.
Student Support Services’ goals are:
● To increase retention and graduation rates for students with disabilities
● To increase the transfer rates of eligible students from two-year institutions to UMBC
● To foster an institutional climate supportive of success to students with disabilities
Who does SSS serve and what services are provided?
● Services for students with disabilities are provided for all students “qualified” under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, who request and are approved for services
● In-class note-taking, readers, sign language/oral interpreters, cued speech translators, transliteration/captioning, proctored exams, assistive technology loan are some of the services provided